Appointments / Cancellations
Dr. Deland sees patients in his office Tuesday and Wednesday. Please use the contact form or call the office at 212-606-1665 to schedule appointment.
If unable to keep appointment, kindly give 24 hours notice.
Dr. Deland does not participate with any insurance.
For first time patients:
After you have scheduled an appointment with our office, please fill out the registration form on your computer, and print and bring them with you to your first visit.
When you arrive for your visit, you will check in at the registrar’s desk on the Fifth Floor of the East River Professional Building. The registrar may ask you for additional information. After Dr. Deland and his associates interview you about your condition and history you may need additional radiographic (X-Rays, MRIs, CT Scans) examinations. If you have current radiographic results you should bring them with you. You need to factor the additional time into you schedule, as these tests do take some time.
One hundred percent of the consultation fee is due at the time of visit. You are encouraged to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement* if you have out of network benefits.
For returning office visits:
The office will submit to your insurance company* if you have out of network benefits and balance bill you for the difference.
Dr. Deland’s surgery fee (which includes 90 days of post-operative care) will be submitted to your insurance company. Although Dr. Deland does not accept assignment on insurance benefits we will call and pre-certify your procedure, however this does not gurantee payment. Please understand you will be responsible for the difference between what your insurance company pays and Dr. Deland’s fee*.
You are also responsible for all hospital, anesthesia, and ancillary fees for the surgery not covered by your insurance**.
If you are a patient with Medicare or do not have out-of network benefits and choose to see Dr. Deland, you will be responsible for one hundred percent of his fees.
* Please be advised the insurance companies will only pay a percentage of what they deem usual and customary.
** Please note, these fees are charged by the Hospital for Special Surgery (which accepts most insurances) and East River Medical Anesthesiology.
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards
Patient Forms & Information
- Foot and Ankle Patient Registration Form
- A Patient’s Guide to Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Preparation
- Metatarsal-Tarsal Fusion/Lapidus Procedure Information
- Information on Bunions
- PTT Post Op Information
- Ankle Fusion Information
- Hallux Rigidus Information
In The Media
- “Hospital for Special Surgery Names Dr. Jonathan Deland to Board of Trustees” – Becker’s Spine Review – July 08, 2011
- “Orthopedic and Spine Industry Leader to Know: Dr. Jonathan T. Deland of the Hospital for Special Surgery” – Becker’s Spine Review – January 14, 2011
- “Jonathan T. Deland, MD Elected to AOFAS Board of Directors” – American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS) – July 25, 2010
- “A New Joint Gains as a Candidate for Replacement” – New York Times – January 18, 2010
- “Personal Health; After 100,000 Miles, Even Soles on Feet Wear Out” – New York Times – July 21, 1998